Ep #59: Why You Need to Surround Yourself with Leaders Who Inspire You
Did you ever struggle to eat your vegetables when you were a kid?
Sure, your parents told you that vegetables are good for you, but you still didn’t really want to eat them, right?
The same thing can be said for building your network.
Every leadership coach will tell you that you need to develop a network of mentors, sponsors, and high level leaders, but….
…like most busy corporate managers, you put it off until you are suddenly in need of help.
But surrounding yourself with powerful role models isn’t just about asking for help. It is a way for you to be constantly reminded of the leader YOU want to be.
Not sure where to start?
You’re in luck. In this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I show you how to start building these connections starting today. As in: you’ll be ready to get to work as soon as you’re done listening to this episode.
PLUS, I’ll reveal the reasons why you don’t have powerful role models already.
What You'll Learn:
- Why the way you’re thinking about building your network right now is completely wrong
- The energizing impact of having high-powered leaders in your corner
- Exactly why having a strong network is non-negotiable if you want to reach high levels of leadership
- A critical question that will help you uncover your subconscious resistance to becoming an executive leader
- PLUS a super practical homework assignment designed to help you start taking ownership of your career and be inspired by people around you today
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Marshall Goldsmith’s How Women Rise: Break the 12 Habits Holding You Back from Your Next Raise and What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful!
- Ep #38: How to Embrace and Elevate Diversity in the Workplace with Minette Norman
- Barbara Huson’s Sacred Success: A Course in Financial Miracles (formerly Barbara Stanny)
- Join the waitlist for my 6-week group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.