Ep #26: Ask for More: A Conversation with Alexandra Carter
Negotiation is about more than just negotiating your salary or position. In fact, as a corporate leader you are negotiating every single day. You are negotiating for resources, for the impact you want to make or for future opportunities. And after today's episode, you will not only desire to become a more skillful negotiator but you will have the tools to get you started (even if you don't think of yourself as the negotiating type).
Alexandra Carter is Director of the Mediation Clinic at Columbia Law School, where she is also as an award-winning professor, and a world-renowned negotiation trainer for the United Nations. And she is the author of the Wall Street Journal bestselling book "Ask for More: 10 Questions to Negotiate Anything."
She is a fierce, powerhouse woman but she is also completely real and down to earth. I got so much out of reading her book and this interview takes all of her wisdom to a new level. You will walk away with practical strategies to begin getting more of what you want as a leader. You will know how to ask better questions. And you will understand how your own mindset and beliefs could be the only thing stopping you from actually asking for more today.
This conversational and relaxed interview is so much fun and so raw, I know you are going to love it and want to share it with all your friends, even if the one's who aren't corporate leaders.
I'm offering a free Live webinar series on "How the Biggest Career Advancements are Made During Times of Crisis." If you want to develop the skills I teach you on my podcast so that you can finally get the recognition you deserve, sign up at stacymayer.com/crisiswebinar and learn how. There are limited spots, so don't hesitate to sign up.
What You'll Learn:
- Why everyone has the power within them to negotiate, from corporate leaders to stay at home moms
- The place you need to start to make any negotiation successful (hint: it starts with I)
- How negotiations are more about steering relationships than one-upping the other person
- Why it's not only reasonable to negotiate during this crisis, it's expected
- How we can use negotiation skills to negotiate with each other on the subjects that matter most
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Fierce Feminine Leadership podcast with Eleanor Beaton
- Ask for More: 10 Questions to Negotiate Anything
- Apply for a free career strategy session
About Your Host
Hi, I’m Stacy Mayer, a Leadership Coach for emerging executives who are ready to take their career to the next level or seeking more fulfillment in their current organizational roles.
I help corporate managers reposition themselves to advance their careers, build confidence in their ability to solve problems in real-time, and step into their higher leadership potential so they can make a bigger impact in their organizations.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode: follow the show on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts or Stitcher.
- Leave a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Share with your friends on social media by clicking the links below.