Ep #217: Get Promoted Faster By Co-Writing Your Career Development Plan
Has your boss ever created a career development plan for you…
…and nothing really happened?
Months or even years go by and you still:
😒 Don’t have the promotion.
😒 Aren’t making more money.
😒 And your career is basically the same? 🤷♀️
Does this mean your boss doesn’t care about you?
It just means that:
1. It’s YOUR job to make your promotion happen, and…
2. Relying on your boss to do all the work to get you promoted is usually a career dead end.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to show you how to create a super effective career development plan with your boss and I’m going to give you my step-by-step process for turning that plan into reality so you can fast track your next promotion.
If you’re sick of waiting months or years for a promised promotion that never comes, this episode is for you.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The problem with leaving your professional development in your boss’s hands
- Why the real goal of a development plan is to initiate conversation with leadership
- Why being involved in creating your own development plan helps you be seen as a proactive leader
- How to use your career development plan to have more visibility with leadership
- How to continuously discuss your development plan (without annoying your boss or the rest of the leadership team)
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.