Ep #216: Speak Up and Stand Out with Jessica Chang Irish
It’s not enough to have a seat at the leadership table.
You need to have a voice.
But for many women leaders…this is way easier said than done.
Let’s be real:
Leading a presentation, introducing yourself to a high-level leader at a networking event, or speaking on stage can not only feel stressful…it can feel downright dangerous.
So how can you consistently put yourself out there when the idea of speaking into a microphone sends you into fight or flight mode?
And how can you speak up professionally – while still showing up as your authentic, corporate badass self?
I’ve invited public speaking coach Jessica Chang Irish on this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer to show you how.
Jessica is an Emmy-award-winning news reporter turned public speaking coach who empowers and trains women in leadership to look and sound confident and credible when speaking on stage, in the boardroom, or at networking events.
And in this episode, she is going to give you inspiring and highly practical advice so you can speak up, stand out, and be recognized as the brilliant executive leader you already are.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How Jessica put herself out there by doing it scared
- How to release your fear of public speaking by focusing on the gifts you have to share
- Jessica’s strategy for approaching networking events in a way that feels supportive rather than selfish
- A step-by-step process for introducing yourself with confidence and intention
- How to nail a presentation by getting to know your audience ahead of time
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Unlock the missing piece in your leadership development. Take the quiz 📝 www.ReadytoBePromoted.com
- Get a copy of Jessica’s How to Introduce Yourself with Confidence & Intention worksheet
- Visit www.JessicaChangConsulting.com
- Follow Jessica on Instagram
- Connect with Jessica on LinkedIm
- The Lost Boys of Sudan: An American Story of the Refugee Experience
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.