Ep #213: The Goal Delusion Problem and How to Set Better Career Goals for 2024
Are your goals for 2024 achievable?
Or have you fallen into the goal delusion trap?
Goal delusion is so insidious, because it not only stops you from advancing your career…but it can also sabotage your attempts to:
😣 Build meaningful relationships with executive leadership.
😣 Advocate for the raise you already deserve.
😣 And show up like the corporate badass you are to executive-level interviews.
And it does all this and more while also making you waste your time and energy on goals that were never actually achievable in the first place AND making you feel like a complete and utter failure in the process.
Not good, right?
If you struggle to achieve the career goals you set for yourself each year…
Or you do achieve them, but nothing really changes…
Then you may be suffering from a case of goal delusion.
In this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to show you how to know if you’re being delusional about your goals AND how to set better ones so you can achieve bigger, better results in your career and life in 2024.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The real reason you keep failing at your goals
- The difference between short-term analytical goals and long-term fantastical goals
- How to spend your time and energy in the right places by understanding what your real goals should be
- How to use micro goals to escape perfectionism and stop feeling like a failure
- The link between goal delusion and your desire to be ‘likable’
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Unlock the missing piece in your leadership development. Take the quiz 📝 www.ReadytoBePromoted.com
- Get your copy of my 30-60-90 Day Plan
- Listen to Ep #133: My 30-60-90 Day Plan for Killing It In Your New Role
- Book a call with me to discuss how I can help you reach your career goals in 2024
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.