Ep #209: Reorgs and 5 Unexpected Ways to Use Them to Your Advantage
And they also offer incredible opportunities.
But if your organization is going through massive layoffs…
Or your mentors and allies are all jumping ship…
Or that promotion you were promised just disappeared before your very eyes…
…I get that you may have a super hard time seeing – let alone acting on – these opportunities right now.
So in an effort to help you get your career back on track OR help you be better prepared the next time a reorg comes around, I’m going to lay out some solutions that you’re probably not even aware of right now.
In this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’ll show you 5 hidden and unexpected ways that you can use a reorg to your advantage and make massive progress in your career.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How to prepare for the worst-case scenario (even when you feel safe and happy in your role)
- The reason why so many opportunities come up in times of chaos
- How to use a reorg to get a skip-promotion
- A simple exercise to create certainty for yourself and build trust during a reorg
- Why reorgs are a great opportunity to follow your leader
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Ep #206: 4 Steps to Freeing Yourself from Toxic Relationships at Work
- Ep #184: How to Deal with a Less-Obvious Toxic Boss
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Apply to learn more about how you can work with me 1:1.
- Get my Ask Better Questions worksheet
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.