Ep #207: Management Skills Made Easy with Corina Walsh
One of my favorite things about the corporate badasses I work with is their commitment to making their organizations a better, kinder, and more equitable place.
So it doesn’t surprise me that, after getting promoted to higher and higher levels of leadership, they come to me with questions like:
🌟 How can I be a better role model for my team?
🌟 How can I coach the leaders I manage to become better leaders for their teams?
🌟 How can I coach emerging leaders to build the skills they need to thrive at a higher level?
We don’t get promoted to do everything the same way.
We want to be a catalyst for change. And the easiest way to begin to do that is to be a catalyst for change with our teams.
This is what it means to be a woman changing leadership.
And to help you do that, I’ve invited Corina Walsh onto this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer.
Corina is an executive coach, podcaster, and author on a mission to revolutionize the relationship between managers and employees.
In this episode, we sit down to discuss how you can guide the managers on your team to become excellent managers for their teams and set themselves up for success.
And if you’re a corporate badass who is at the beginning of your career as a manager, this episode is filled with powerful tips and tools for you, too.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How to figure out exactly what your team needs from you
- How to find the balance between the leader you want to be and the leader your organization needs you to be
- Why it’s so important to talk about the career coaching you’re receiving with the leadership team
- A super simple strategy for giving constructive feedback to your team
- The GROW model and how to use it to coach your team
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Visit Corina’s website, ShiftPD.com
- Access Corina’s free tools and guides
- Listen to The People & Culture Success Show
- Get your copy of The Engaged Employee Blueprint
- Connect with Corina on LinkedIn
- Learn about the GROW model
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.