Ep #206: 4 Steps to Freeing Yourself from Toxic Relationships at Work
I love helping corporate badasses create beautiful, inspiring, and positive visions for the things they are going to accomplish and receive over the course of their careers.
And because I have a glass-half-full approach to executive coaching, I usually avoid getting in the weeds about all the gross, negative, and frankly sh*tty things that can happen in the corporate world.
But here’s the truth:
Many women are dealing with a lot of toxic relationships at work.
90% of my coaching conversations with my clients include a difficult boss or an asshole coworker or just a negative situation that’s gotten totally out of control.
And while I love empowering my clients with tools and strategies that allow them to release themselves from the negativity so they can focus on creating careers they really love…
…I know that’s easier said than done, especially if you’re not receiving coaching from me already.
So on this episode of Women Changing Leadership, I’m going to show you four ways to deal with toxic relationships at work so you can ditch the BS and get back to advancing yourself to your next level of leadership.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The super vulnerable story behind my own toxic situation at work
- The difference between ‘Big T’ toxic relationships and ‘small t’ toxic relationships (and why they’re both so hard to deal with)
- The role dysfunctional leadership plays in toxic workplaces (and how to ride the waves of chaotic leadership)
- How to pause and give yourself space when dealing with a toxic relationship at work
- How to shift perspective and figure out what you want to actually do about this toxic situation
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Apply to learn more about how you can work with me 1:1.
- Sign up for my email list to be notified the next time I offer a free workshop or panel
- Listen to my 3-part series on dealing with assholes at work:
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.