Ep #205: The Right (and Wrong) Way to Approach Performance Reviews
Your performance review is NOT the time to negotiate a pay raise or promotion.
In fact, 100% of the women I work with knew they were getting promoted before their performance review.
But with that in mind, you may be wondering:
‘What the heck am I going to do/talk about/say in my performance review if I’m not advocating for a promotion???’
Your performance review is actually the perfect time to:
👉 Showcase your corporate badass-ery
👉 Open the door to more professional development conversations with leadership
👉 And find out what it’s actually going to take to get the promotion you want
And on this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to show you how to do all of the above and more.
If you’ve been staring at your self-evaluation, unsure of what to write, or you’re just feeling a little unsure of how to approach your performance review in general, this episode is for you.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- What your performance review is actually for
- What to include in your self-evaluation (hint: this is the perfect place to show the attributes that make you a great leader)
- Why you need to showcase your goals using visionary language
- What to say and ask during your performance review to set yourself up for a promotion in the near future
- What to do if you disagree with the feedback you’ve received during your performance review
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Apply to learn more about how you can work with me 1:1.
- Listen to my past performance review episodes:
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.