Ep #201: 2 Truths and a Lie About Executive-Level Promotions
Which one of the statements below is a lie?
To get an executive-level promotion, you should focus your energy on:
💪🏼 Owning that you are an executive leader already
📝 Becoming an amazing subject matter expert
👀 Being more visible to the leadership team
These questions come from a game of ‘2 Truths and a Lie’ that I played recently during a free workshop with my community.
(And in case you were wondering, the answers are: Truth, Lie and Truth.)
But what really surprised me during this workshop, was how many of the corporate badasses in attendance were totally nailing their answers to these questions.
…there were 3 truth or lie questions that were a little more controversial and less clear cut – and I’m doing a deep dive into all 3 of them in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer!
When it comes to receiving an executive-level promotion, where you spend your energy is everything. And in this episode, I’ll expand on the 3 unexpected but honest truths and lies about where you need to spend more (or less) of your energy in order to advance to your next level of leadership.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How to increase your chances of getting promoted by asking for the right title, not your next-level title
- Why executive-level promotions happen 10 times faster than they did earlier on in your career
- Why not going for the higher-level position you deserve actually breaks trust with the leadership team
- My strategy for dealing with discrimination at work (hint: you need to address the elephant in the room)
- The difference between allies and mentors and which you need more of
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Watch the recording of my workshop, Lies, Myths and Executive-Level Promotions
- Watch the recording of my panel, The Magical Connection Between Sales & Executive Leadership
- Sign up for my email list to be notified the next time I offer a free workshop or panel
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Apply to learn more about how you can work with me 1:1
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.