Ep #198: The Secret to Career Happiness
Big, exciting changes in your career can bring a whole bunch of happiness into your life…
You’ve experienced this cycle before.
Over time, we go from being incredibly happy about a new role, a new organization, a new team…only for the work to eventually feel like, well…work.
Here’s the problem:
Simply working for an organization is never going to be enough to create long-term, meaningful happiness for you.
So what will?
Teaching. But not necessarily in the way you’d expect.
In this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to show you how sharing what you’re currently learning, the challenges you’ve overcome, and the leadership principles you stand for will help you create lasting happiness for yourself.
And if you’re like me and absolutely do not identify as a teacher, this episode is still for you. I’m going to show you non-traditional approaches to teaching that will create so much meaning and purpose in your career.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Why teaching is the secret to happiness
- My personal journey to creating more happiness in my career
- How to find the type of teaching that’s most fulfilling to you
- Why you can’t create happiness through teaching when you have an agenda
- Why teaching from our own growth creates more happiness
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Ep #197: How to Create More Meaning in Your Career
- Read Build the Life You Want: The Art and Science of Getting Happier by Oprah Winfrey and Arthur C. Brooks
- Read my ‘Sesame Street Live’ approach to listening to your boss on my Substack blog, The Leadership Table Project
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.