Ep #197: How to Create More Meaning in Your Career
Let’s be real. Even when we’re showing up as our most strategic, powerful, corporate badass selves…our work can still feel a little empty sometimes, right?
I’ve had women come to one of my coaching calls in tears because they just realized they’ve spent years pouring their heart and soul into a career they didn’t love…
…only to be completely thriving and fulfilled a few months later.
Meaning and purpose.
The reality is, your next promotion has the power to unlock so much satisfaction in your career…or it can just be a bunch of bullshit.
But the good news is: YOU get to choose.
In this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’ll share two ways my clients and I have created a tremendous amount of meaning and purpose in our careers.
If you’ve spent 20 years building your career, only to sit back and wonder:
‘What the heck was this all for?’
…then this episode is for you.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The reasons why you’re struggling to find meaning in your career right now
- How the women I work with create a higher-level of meaning for themselves
- What happens when you live in a feeling of unworthiness
- How to create meaning by focusing on the bigger picture
- How to become a student of happiness and meaning in your career
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Ep #196: Your Next Promotion is NOT About You
- Learn about Tracy Litt
- Read Build the Life You Want: The Art and Science of Getting Happier by Oprah Winfrey and Arthur C. Brooks
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Get the replay of my panel discussion, Making Supernatural Leaps in Your Career
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Apply to learn more about how you can work with me 1:1
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.