Ep #196: Your Next Promotion is NOT About You
Recently, a lot of corporate women leaders have been telling me that they’re tired of pushing so hard for their next promotion.
And my question to them was:
Why wouldn’t they want to keep going? Why wouldn’t they want to do hard things?
And then I realized the reason:
They think their next promotion is all about them.
Here’s the thing: If you think your next promotion is all about you and your title and your pay and your power over other people – then no wonder you’re tired!! That sounds exhausting.
But when you can let go of the belief that your next promotion is all about you and own that you can be the change you want to see at your organization once you get yourself promoted to a position of power and influence – then you are going to feel so much more motivated to get the title you deserve.
Your promotion matters. And in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to show you how to do it in a way that benefits everyone.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How to get promoted so everybody wins
- Non-egocentric reasons to get promoted
- How to find a role where you can have a bigger impact
- Why my business is not all about me
- A highly practical tool that will help you get out of your ego and focus on your career in a way that’s bigger than yourself
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Listen to 2023’s Summer of Magic episodes:
- Get a deck of the Divine Abundance Oracle Cards
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.