Ep #193: Transitioning into Executive Leadership Outside Your Subject Matter Expertise
There’s a super simple and easy way you can:
💥 Switch to a whole new area of expertise…
💥 Move to a totally different department or industry…
💥 Or return to work years after having kids…
…while still advancing to the executive suite and without “starting over” or being overqualified and underpaid.
It’s called thinking and communicating like an executive leader.
And what do executive leaders do?
We don’t lead with our subject matter expertise.
But we do lead with our badass (and highly transferable) executive leadership skills.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to show you how to use your executive leadership skills (and not your technical skills) to bridge the gap between the role you have now and the role you really want.
If you’ve been dreaming of transitioning into the executive suite but you don’t want to be pigeonholed into taking your boss’s job, this is a must-listen episode for you.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Why you need to think of executive leadership as an entirely new career path
- The universal leadership skills that apply to all executive-level roles
- Why you should never try to get promoted to the executive suite based on your technical skills
- 3 practical ways to show that you can think and communicate like an executive leader
- Why moving to an industry you know nothing about is the best thing you can ever do for your career
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you or a corporate badass woman you know gets promoted this summer – I want to celebrate with you. Tag me, DM me, email me or share using the hashtag: #SummerOfMagic2023
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Ep #90: How to Stop Overthinking and Trust Yourself with Melody Wilding
- Ep #125: How to Transition into Executive Leadership by Treating it like a New Career Path
- Trust Yourself: Stop Overthinking and Channel Your Emotions for Success at Work by Melody Wilding
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.