Ep #191: Career Magic, Part 3: Curiosity
If you ask any of the corporate badasses I work with:
‘What got you to the level of success you’re at today?’
They will have lots of different answers, but the main thread running through all of them would be:
It’s tempting to throw up your hands in frustration when there appears to be an immovable obstacle between you and your next promotion.
But this is where your curiosity comes in.
Because: Is it really immovable? Or is there another path around it that will get you to where you want to go?
Probably. But you won’t know until you get curious.
In this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m breaking down three ways you can start to use the magic of curiosity to advance to your next level of leadership.
This is Part 3 of my 3-part series, Career Magic. In each episode, I break down a different way you can use your unique career magic on purpose to create incredible results for yourself.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How I used curiosity to make magical things happen for myself
- How to create possibility for yourself by looking for openings and gaps
- Why managing your emotions is critical to staying curious
- How curiosity helps you challenge the status quo at your organization without pissing people off
- How to build trust with executive leadership using curiosity-based questions
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you or a corporate badass woman you know gets promoted this summer – I want to celebrate with you. Tag me, DM me, email me or share using the hashtag: #SummerOfMagic2023
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Ep #135: 5 Magical Ingredients for Landing a Promotion This Summer
- Ep #188: Career Magic, Part 1: Setting Intentions
- Ep #189: Career Magic, Part 2: Belonging
- Download my Ask Better Questions worksheet
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.