Ep #190: Dealing with Grief at Work with Krista St-Germain
As a total corporate badass, you know how to handle tough conversations at work.
But some conversations are tougher than others.
And one of the most challenging subjects that we rarely talk about in the corporate world is grief.
What do you do when a leader or a team member at your organization is personally experiencing grief?
And how do you hold space for your own grief while continuing to be the corporate badass that you are?
These are important conversations that all leaders need to be prepared to have.
So if you’ve ever struggled to find the right words or take the right actions in the face of grief, this episode is for you.
Krista St-Germain is a Master Certified Life Coach, Post-Traumatic Growth and grief expert, widow, mom and host of The Widowed Mom Podcast.
And on this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, Krista will share some of the ways we can support our peers, our leaders, our team members – and ourselves – as we deal with times of grief at work.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- What to say and do when someone in your life is grieving
- Why people get stuck on ‘grief plateaus’ and how to move past them
- Why ‘my best days are behind me’ is just a story in your brain
- What the dual process theory of grief is and how it leads to healing
- How post-traumatic growth can help build a more fulfilling, aligned life
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you or a corporate badass woman you know gets promoted this summer – I want to celebrate with you. Tag me, DM me, email me or share using the hashtag: #SummerOfMagic2023
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out. You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Listen to Krista’s The Widowed Mom Podcast
- Visit Krista’s website, CoachingWithKrista.com
- Take Krista’s Grief Quiz
- Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy by Sheryl Sandberg
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.