Ep #187: Being Unapologetically Visible with Bibigi Haile
If being visible at work or online feels scary to you – I get it.
Openly sharing your ideas with your boss, the executive team, or even on your LinkedIn profile can feel like you’re deliberately putting yourself in the crosshairs of people who want to ‘put you in your place.’
It can even cause you to be sent to the Human Resources office like a 6th grader.
So what’s a corporate badass to do?
If you’re like most corporate women leaders, you wait for the perfect time to be visible.
Which means waiting for a higher-level role or waiting to finally perfect your LinkedIn profile.
But this isn’t going to help with your visibility. It’s just going to help you lean into your perfectionism and imposter syndrome so you can keep playing small.
I want to show you a better way.
Which is why I can’t wait to introduce you to Bibigi Haile!
Bibigi gives women the license to be Unapologetically Visible, make bold moves, and stop apologizing for what they want from their professional lives.
And in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, Bibigi and I discuss highly practical strategies YOU can use to own your authentic, powerful voice and become unapologetically visible.
Plus, Bibigi gives me coaching and feedback on my own ‘change story’ – so make sure to listen until the end to hear that!
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Why women fear visibility
- The mistakes corporate badasses make when showing up on LinkedIn
- How bad organizational behavior stiffles women’s voices
- Why you need to own the depth of your expertise
- The steps you can take to become unapologetically visible
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Listen to my interview on Bibigi’s podcast, Speaking with Women, Ep. 66 How to get promoted like a corporate badass with Stacy Mayer
- Connect with Bibigi on LinkedIn
- Follow Bibigi on Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- If you or a corporate badass woman you know gets promoted this summer – I want to celebrate with you. Tag me, DM me, email me or share using the hashtag: #SummerOfMagic2023
- I created an assessment to help you find out where you are on your promotion path. Find out Your Promotability Score now.
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with one of my team members
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.