Ep #185: Building Allies at Work NEVER Gets Easier (and That’s a Good Thing)
Most of the steps inside my executive promotion process will literally transform who you are as a person.
You learn the steps I teach, you implement them for a while, and within a short period of time, you are effortlessly thinking, communicating, and operating at an entirely different level of leadership.
But there is one step in particular that you can never just set and forget.
Over the course of your career, you are going to have to revisit this process over and over (and over) again.
And that step is:
Building allies is the only part of my promotion process that never gets easier – which is also the exact reason why it works so well.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to show you ways to consistently stay on top of your ally-building toes so you can continue to enjoy major success over the entire lifetime of your career.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The reason why building trust is a lifelong commitment
- How 15-Minute Ally Meetings help you adapt to change
- Why you need to cast a wider net for your 15-Minute Ally Meetings
- Why you must always be building allies
- Why belonging to a community of other leaders is non-negotiable at the executive level
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out (www.ReadyToBePromoted.com). You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with one of my team members
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.