Ep #184: How to Deal with a Less-Obvious Toxic Boss
When we talk about toxic bosses, we often imagine someone who is aggressive, dismissive, childish, or openly rude.
Basically: a bully.
But that’s not the kind of toxic boss I’m going to talk about today.
The toxic boss I’m talking about is way more insidious and absolutely deadly when it comes to your career.
They’re likely sliding under your radar because they’re not overt assholes and they probably aren’t being awful to you.
They may even be masking their toxic behavior by being overly nice to you.
These less-obvious toxic bosses are so dangerous because they’re manipulative and codependent – and they may be blocking you from reaching your next level of leadership and you don’t even realize it.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’ll show you the corporate badass way of recognizing and dealing with these terrible bosses so you can get unstuck in your career.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- What this kind of less-obvious toxic boss behavior looks like in action
- How to identify the toxic bosses in your life
- Three real life examples of how my clients are dealing with their own toxic bosses
- How less-obvious toxic bosses stop you from getting promoted
- How to take action to deal with your toxic boss
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Are you ready to be promoted? Take this free quiz and find out (www.ReadyToBePromoted.com). You could be closer than you think (or not).
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with me
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.