Ep #182: Should You Stay at Your Company or Should You Go?
Are you asking yourself career questions like:
Can I actually get promoted?
Can I get promoted in this industry?
Can I get promoted if I have a crappy boss?
What’s stopping me from getting the promotion I deserve?
These are all great questions, and they also all have one core thing in common:
You’re really asking yourself: Should I stay or should I go?
If you’ve listened to this podcast for some time, you’ve probably gotten clearer and clearer on what it’s actually going to take for you to build a career you love. But what’s probably a lot less clear is whether or not you can build that big, beautiful career at your current organization.
So is it best to jump ship or to stay put?
In this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m giving you the tools, insights, and real-life examples to help you finally answer this question for yourself.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How to use 15-Minute Ally Meetings to get clear on whether or not you want to stay at your current organization
- How to use your 3xed Vision to make powerful long-term and short-term career decisions
- Signs that it’s time to leave your organization
- Signs you may be jumping ship too early
- Real-life examples of how my clients decide if they should stay or go
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join my email list to receive polls, content, trainings, book updates, and limited-time discounts for my Executive Ahead of Time group coaching program
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with me
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.