Ep #181: The Feminine Way to Become a Corporate Athlete
The phrase ‘corporate athlete’ has often felt a bit masculine to me.
And that makes sense. A lot of the concepts and action items we traditionally associate with becoming a corporate athlete are rooted in masculine ideals around leadership and high-performance.
Many of the male leaders I’ve spoken with over the years describe their secrets to success as doing more.
🏆 They have highly productive and impeccable morning routines.
🏆 They spend a lot of time prepping for their meetings.
🏆 And they set themselves up for success by doing more and more work.
But these common ideas around how we create success for ourselves haven’t been sitting right with me for the past couple years, and here’s why:
The highly successful women I work with are not doing these things.
There is a much more feminine approach to becoming a corporate athlete that is not only more effective, but also leads to less burnout, more career opportunities, and you’re going to feel inspired to commit to it every single day.
And that feminine approach to becoming a corporate athlete is all about building your grounded confidence.
In this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m breaking down the three things badass women leaders are doing differently to build their grounded confidence and find major success at the executive-level.
(And spoiler alert: It does not include getting up at 4am.)
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The three things successful corporate women do differently
- Why getting clear on your thought leadership is waaaaay more productive than a flawless morning routine
- What will happen when you double down on regulating your nervous system
- Why badass corporate athletes thrive in community
- Why grounded confidence leads to less stress and less burnout
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Listen to my Loving-Kindness Meditation
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with me
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.