Ep #180: Break the Burnout Cycle and Rediscover Your Greatness with Christy Rutherford
I will never teach you how to hustle your way to the executive suite.
The work I do on this podcast and in my coaching programs is not designed to get you your next promotion at all costs.
Look at it this way:
If you focus solely on getting your next promotion – without taking care of yourself in all aspects of your life – you are going to arrive at the leadership table already burnt out and unable to make the impact you always dreamed of making.
This is NOT my vision for you and your career.
Which is exactly why I’m so excited to have Christy Rutherford on this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer.
Christy was the 13th African American woman to achieve the rank of Commander in the U.S. Coast Guard and today she works as an executive coach who helps women get promoted using office politics and self-care.
In this episode, we dive into how you can break free of the burnout cycle, re-discover the corporate badass woman you already are, and get the title and compensation you actually deserved all along.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Why your next promotion is a byproduct of you getting happy, healthy, and whole
- Why so many women arrive at the leadership table already burnt out and having to constantly defend their seat
- Christy’s own experience with burnout (despite being a highly respected leader in her space)
- Christy’s process for getting clear on what you really want from your life and career
- Why we fear losing everything – even though we have everything to gain
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Learn more about Christy’s best-selling books
- Connect with Christy on LinkedIn
- Follow Christy on Instagram and YouTube
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with me
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode: follow the show on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts or Stitcher.
- Leave a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Share with your friends on social media by clicking the links below.