Ep #179: The Corporate Badass Way of Setting Boundaries at Work
We’ve all had those frustrating moments in our lives where we thought:
“If I could just get better at setting boundaries, everything would be so much easier!”
It would be so much easier to get back in control of our careers, to stop working 60+ hours a week, and to have the time, space, and energy to do what it’s actually going to take to build a career we love.
But here’s the truth:
You are so much better at setting boundaries than you think you are.
You literally could not make it to where you are in your career without learning how to set a boundary or two along the way.
But thinking you’re terrible at setting boundaries is just one of the ways that you’re holding yourself back from setting the kind of boundaries that will help you reach your next level of leadership.
And I know this because I think about my boundaries – and my clients’ boundaries – all the time.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’ll share everything I have learned about boundaries over the years and how YOU can set the kind of boundaries that will help you reach and thrive at the executive level.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Why telling yourself you’re “bad at boundaries” is a self-fulfilling prophecy
- How your lack of boundaries is Burning. You. OUT.
- How to set boundaries without being ‘too nice’ or ‘too aggressive’
- My personal strategy for setting boundaries that don’t rely on your willpower
- How to set boundaries at work – even when you keep getting shut down
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Listen to my interview on the Boss Mama Jama podcast, Female Executive Coaching with Women Changing Leadership's Stacy Mayer
- Watch Smart + Savvy Executive Women Boundary Up on YouTube with me and Teresa Vozza
- Listen to Ep #175: Exposing the Truth about Executive Presence
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with me
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.