Ep #174: Leading with Courage with Kim Campbell
We can deal with a lot of fear in our careers.
The corporate badasses inside my programs are facing their fears all the time when they commit to really advocating for their careers, to building powerful relationships with the entire executive team, to standing up and really being seen as the Executive Ahead of Time instead of a subject matter expert.
Learning how to be courageous in the face of fear is one of the best things you can do to step into a whole new level of leadership.
And I can think of few people who would be better to teach you how to overcome that fear and become a courageous leader than Kim Campbell.
Before becoming an executive coach and keynote speaker, Kim was:
💪 An Air Force colonel.
💪 The Director of the Center for Character and Leadership Development at the Air Force Academy.
💪 AND she was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for Heroism after successfully recovering her battle-damaged airplane during a mission in Baghdad.
Kim is no stranger to fear, and on this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, Kim and I discuss how you can learn to lead with courage, no matter what is happening in your career right now.
This is a very inspiring conversation with a very inspiring woman. I can’t wait for you to listen in!
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Kim’s strategies for facing roadblocks in her life
- Why vulnerability is one of Kim’s most powerful leadership traits
- The lesson Kim’s three year old son taught her about authentic leadership
- The importance of creating an environment of trust at your organization
- Why courage is a learned skill
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Read, Flying in the Face of Fear: A Fighter Pilot's Lessons on Leading with Courage
- Visit Kim-KC-Campbell.com
- Connect with Kim on LinkedIn
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with me
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.