Ep #173: How to Use Your Anger to Transform the Leadership Table
Let’s be real:
Work can kind of suck sometimes.
And showing up like a corporate badass can be super hard when you’re dealing with a ton of turmoil, frustration, and quite frankly, anger over what’s happening at your organization or the world as a whole.
I’m right there with you.
And while it’s hard to deal with the layoffs and reorgs and fear happening in the world right now, it’s also firing something up inside of me and driving me to action, to really get up on my soapbox and say something.
You might be feeling that pull as well. That pull of: “I’ve had enough!”
And there are ways you can use this anger to work for you and your career – and to get yourself promoted so you can make the change you desperately want to see at your organization and in the world.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to share how I have been coaching my clients to advance their careers by leaning into that anger – while ALSO not letting it control them.
If you want to release the unproductive anger that keeps you stuck and lean into the productive anger that fires you up to be heard and to truly make a change at your organization and beyond, then this episode is for you.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How to make your anger work for you
- How productive anger can help you be heard
- Real life examples of what unproductive anger looks like in action
- How to make the shift from unproductive to productive anger
- How to use your anger to literally change the face of the leadership table
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with me
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.