Ep #170: Transitioning to the C-Suite with my Corporate Badass Client Jennifer Fisher
I tell you that you’re a corporate badass all the time.
But…what does that actually mean?
What does it look like to truly step up, to transition yourself into the upper echelons of executive leadership, and to have a massive impact once you get there?
Well, I have an example for you today.
And I can think of no better role model of what a corporate badass looks like in action than my wonderful client, Jennifer Fisher.
Jennifer is the Chief Sales Officer at WorldStrides; the host of her very own podcast, A Life You Love: Sales Tips with Jennifer Fisher; and a long-time member of my Executive Ahead of Time and Leadership Table coaching programs.
So if you want to become the kind of leader who can paint an inspiring vision for your team, a leader who can step back, pivot, and really focus on what you can control, and a leader who can do the work (and be recognized and rewarded handsomely for it) – while also bringing more diversity to the leadership table – then this episode is for you.
In this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, Jennifer and I dive into the shifts Jennifer made to grow her leadership and advance herself all the way to the c-suite – and beyond.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- What Jennifer does to have a massive impact at her organization
- How Jennifer uses her leadership to create an inclusive and accessible environment at WorldStrides
- How Jennifer sets the next generation of leaders up for success
- The sneaky ways you may be holding yourself back from stepping into your next level of leadership
- How Jennifer’s leadership has impacted me and the way I coach
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Listen to episodes of Women Changing Leadership that feature Jennifer Fisher:
- Ep #131: My 3-Year Plan for Advancing to the Executive Suite AND Making a Massive Impact
- Ep #79: How Career Interdependence Will Unlock What is REALLY Possible for You
- Ep #64: Executive Essentials Part 3: How to BECOME the Executive Ahead of Time
- Ep #22: Redefining Success During the Pandemic: A Conversation with 3 Senior Leaders
- Listen to Jennifer’s podcast, A Life You Love: Sales Tips with Jennifer Fisher
- Connect with Jennifer on LinkedIn
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with me
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.