Ep #169: 3 Advanced Interview Skills to Help You Land the Leadership Role of Your Dreams
Here’s a little-known truth about job interviews:
The way you show up can completely transform – or totally stall – your career.
I’m not talking about whether or not you land the role.
I’m talking about whether or not you’re seen as an executive leader.
Because the reality is:
The way you show up to an interview can keep you trapped in a technical role…
…or set you up for the career of your dreams.
A career where you’re seen as an executive leader who can solve problems, make powerful decisions, have a huge impact, and be a vital part of the conversation.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I share the advanced interview skills that will help you create the role you really want for yourself in your next job.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The danger of answering interview questions in a technical way
- Why you need to answer interview questions in an influential way
- Examples of how to respond to specific interview questions so you sound like an executive leader
- Why you need to think of your interviews as peer-to-peer
- How to engage in conversation in addition to answering interview questions
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Learn more about The Leadership Table and what you need to do to get recognized, promoted, and succeed at the executive level by scheduling a free Career Strategy Session with me
- Email me at email@example.com if you’re struggling to find new career opportunities
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time, and also receive access to my Interview Mastery course once you sign up
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.