Ep #167: Talk Your Way to More Confidence
Women leaders often think they need to “feel” more confident before they can advance into higher levels of leadership.
But does waiting to feel confident actually create confidence?
Nope. Not at all. And here’s why.
When you constantly tell yourself that you need to “feel” more confident, what you’re really telling yourself is:
‘I’m not ready.’
I’m not ready to go for the promotion.
To show up powerfully to an interview.
To raise my hand and be included in the conversation.
And the truth is: confidence isn’t created by your feelings at all.
It’s created by your actions.
And you can create enormous amounts of confidence in yourself in an instant just by using your words.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to walk you through the words, sentences, and questions you can use in your conversations at work that will instantly help you create more confidence in yourself AND also appear more confident to the executive leadership team.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The questions you need to ask yourself and others to create confidence in yourself
- How to instantly create confidence during your 1-on-1s with your boss
- Why you need to let your boss know you are having 15-Minute Ally Meetings with leaders at your organization
- Super practical ways to boost your confidence in meetings
- The #1 way I see corporate badasses building their confidence at work
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Write a review of Women Changing Leadership and let me know which strategies are helping you build more confidence at work
- Send me an email at Coach@StacyMayer.com and let me know how these teachings are helping you show up as a powerful, confident leader
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.