Ep #165: How to Continue to Thrive When Everyone Around You is Being Laid Off
You’ve heard the news.
Companies across the world are going through massive layoffs, reorgs, restructuring, and hiring freezes.
You’ve probably experienced this firsthand, too.
And while there may be a lot of information out there for the people who’ve lost their jobs, there isn’t always much support for those leaders who are left behind to pick up the pieces.
So this episode is for the leaders who just had to lay off their top performers or their entire team.
The leaders who were promised a promotion that fell through.
And the leaders who did get promoted, but are still struggling to find something to be positive about.
In this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’ll show you how you can not only survive but thrive during these times of uncertainty.
And if you’re someone who did get laid off, this episode is still for you, too.
Because, chances are, you’ll be hired into another organization where things will still feel uncertain, and this episode will help you show up as the thoughtful, strategic, visionary leader that you are.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Why you may do better in your career when things are uncertain
- Why you need to seize opportunities to solve problems and provide value right now
- How to ask for a raise and a title change during layoffs
- How to cope with being labeled ‘the bad boss’ during layoffs
- Why you need to use your empathy to guide your team (instead of shutting down and feeling sorry for yourself)
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.