Ep #161: Your Job Is NOT Your Life
As a corporate badass woman, you know your job is not your life.
You may even work with leaders who prioritize their job above all else…but I would bet a significant amount of 💸💸💸 that this isn’t the kind of leader you want to be.
I know you value time with your family, your friends, and you want to make an impact in this world that is beyond your current title, beyond the projects you’re working on, and beyond the meetings you attend every week.
But let’s face it. We spend a lot of time at work.
(Probably way more than 40 hours a week, if we’re being honest.)
And because our work occupies so much of our time, so much of our mind and the energy we are putting out into the world, it’s easy for us to forget that it’s actually pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
And this hit me hard recently. And I want to share my thoughts with you today.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership, I’m sharing how you can step into your power at work so you can put more of your time, energy, and effort into the areas of your life that DO matter a lot – all while still going for the promotions that allow you to have the impact you are here to make.
This episode is raw and vulnerable – and I think you’re really going to enjoy it.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The major wake up call I had at the end of 2022 (and how it’s transforming the way I show up as a leader in 2023)
- Why admitting your job is pointless is powerful for you and your career
- Why you need strategic distance from your career
- How becoming the Executive Ahead of Time will help you do the work that matters to you
- How to have freedom from your job…while also leaning into your job
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Ep #124: How to Overcome the ‘Aggressive’ Label at Work
- Ep #131: My 3-Year Plan for Advancing to the Executive Suite AND Making a Massive Impact
- Follow me on Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.