Ep #160: The Difference Between Hard Work and Working Hard
Welcome to our first episode of 2023!
As you set your big, exciting goals for the new year, I want you to keep this in mind:
In 2023, you need to stop working hard, and start leaning into hard work.
Yes, there’s a difference.
Most of the women I work with have a strong desire to avoid burnout, to avoid stress, to not get promoted into a role that’s going to force them to have no other priorities in their lives.
And I get it. I started my business to be happy, not miserable.
But there’s a problem that can sometimes arise from this mindset:
We can sometimes focus so much on NOT burning out, that we fail to set (and reach) those big, exciting goals.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I’ll reveal the difference between hard work and working hard so you can do the important things that will set you up for major success this year (while avoiding the things that suck up all your time and energy and give you nothing in return).
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Exactly what happens when we avoid hard work
- The problem with focusing too much on feeling good
- How to push yourself without beating yourself up
- How to avoid burnout by doing the hard work on your terms
- How to lean in so you can enjoy the hard work and accomplish incredible things
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Ep #157: Whole Self Series: Setting (and Achieving) Big, Audacious Goals with Mary Crafts
- Follow me on Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.