Ep #154: Advance Your Career in 2023 by Focusing on Contentment
If you asked me how I was doing at almost any point this year, my answer would have been the same:
“Really, really good.”
For me, 2022 was a year of contentment.
Not contentment as in:
👉 No longer striving for something more (which is what I used to believe contentment was).
But contentment as in:
👉 Being incredibly happy with where I am and growing and achieving so much more from a place of desire instead of need.
And when I look back over the year my clients inside of Executive Ahead of Time and The Leadership Table have had, I see this same kind of contentment.
The work that we are doing made their next promotions inevitable.
And so getting promoted wasn’t a feeling of need, but a feeling of…’of course.’
And the women who were turned down for an opportunity, who were laid off, who had a new boss they didn’t like…they didn’t feel distraught.
Instead, they could simply say, ‘ok, next!’
Because when you know in your bones that you are great, that you have what it takes to get promoted to those executive levels, and when you know that your next promotion is just the beginning of the impact you are here to make in the world, everything comes together – and it feels so, so good.
So in this episode of Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer, I am sharing the different things my clients and I did in 2022 that allowed us to access this level of contentment so you can reach a whole new level of contentment and success in 2023.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How to step into contentment by focusing on the journey
- How my confidence as a leader has grown through rebranding my podcast to Women Changing Leadership this year
- How I helped seventeen women get promoted even while many of them were on vacation during 2022’s Summer of Magic
- The difficult things that happened to my clients this year, and how we handled them together as a community
- How you can invite bigger opportunities to come your way in 2023
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Listen to my interview with my client, Jennifer Fisher: Ep #64: Executive Essentials Part 3: How to BECOME the Executive Ahead of Time
- Follow me on Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time, before the price goes up in 2023 and also get immediate access to all the special trainings we did in 2022
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.