Ep #148: Why Being a Female Executive is a Powerful Form of Social Activism
Women occupying a seat of power is a radical act.
I know we are seeing a lot of change in the world right now, but this still holds true.
Women like you having influence and a real voice at the executive leadership table is still not widely accepted.
And women like you reaching these roles while also bringing your true, authentic self right along with you is even rarer.
This really sucks, right?
But how do your feelings around this shift when you realize that you going for and receiving an executive leadership position is a powerful form of social activism?
That doesn’t feel bad.
That feels badass.
And when you realize this, you are going to be so much more willing to do what it takes to get there.
So in this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I am going to show you how being a working woman who holds power at the executive level IS a form of social activism.
AND I’m also going to show you how you can use this new mindset to get yourself motivated and promoted so you can start being the change you want to see in your organization and world.
I am so thrilled to be your guide on this journey.
Let’s get started.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Why women being in a seat of power is still a radical concept
- The reason why so many women felt the need to shut down their authenticity in order to succeed
- Why women are often told to “tone it down”
- Real life examples of how corporate badasses are radically changing the world
- Why you being part of this change matters
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Listen to my interview on Rebecca Olson’s Ambitious and Balanced Working Moms Podcast
- Ep #144: What The New Dawn of Executive Leadership Means for YOU
- Follow me on Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time, so you can also access my 8-week intensive on executive presence
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.