Ep #143: Why Overcoming Adversity is More Important than Landing the Promotion
Let’s be honest. Getting passed over for a promotion frickin’ sucks.
For a lot of corporate women, it sends them into a tailspin of terrible emotions. Emotions like:
Bitterness. Frustration. Resentment.
And this is normal. It happens a LOT.
But what if you could get passed over for a promotion…and know that you have what it takes to get right back on track?
Sure, you can still feel disappointed when you get passed over. There may still even be tears.
But what if you could build an incredible kind of resilience that allowed you to experience these setbacks, dust yourself off, and then simply think:
No more spiraling. Just a deep sense of knowing that you are a corporate badass who can figure. it. out.
In this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I share why the real work of becoming a corporate badass isn’t necessarily about getting the promotion, but instead understanding how to overcome the adversity you’ll face as you advance yourself to the executive suite.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How to build incredible resilience by recognizing that you have options
- Real life examples of how overcoming adversity helped members of Executive Ahead of Time get better roles than the ones they were turned down for
- Why you need to embrace the ‘next’ attitude
- Why your next promotion is actually insignificant
- How learning how to overcome adversity ‘raises your baseline’
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Ep #142: How Working Remotely Actually Helps You Build Better Executive Relationships
- Follow me on Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.