Ep #142: How Working Remotely Actually Helps You Build Better Executive Relationships
There’s a popular idea out there that it’s harder to collaborate, build key relationships, and get promoted when you work remotely.
And I’m calling BS. 💩
You can head into the office every single day and still have zero relationships with the executive team.
You can work 50, 70, 90 hours a week and still not understand what you actually need to do to get promoted at your organization.
Getting promoted to the executive suite has nothing to do with how much face time you put in around the water cooler.
But it has everything to do with getting intentional about your career.
Because, when you’re intentional about your career, you stop hoping to bump into your CEO in the hallway and you schedule a 15-Minute Ally Meeting with them instead.
When you get intentional about your career, you stop hoping that your boss will promote you, and you start building relationships with leaders three levels up so you can land the promotion, no matter what your current boss thinks of you.
So in this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to show you how working remotely can actually be the key to getting in the driver’s seat of your career, building your executive leadership skills AND advancing to the executive suite on YOUR terms.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The misconceptions about the benefits (and downsides) of working remotely
- Why you need to lean into office politics and make them work for you (even if you’re working from home)
- Why mentorship is the #1 thing stopping women from getting promoted
- Why 15-Minute Ally Meetings are the key to building relationships with the leadership team – whether you’re at the office or not
- The reasons why you aren’t getting promoted when workly remotely (and how to fix it without going back into the office)
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Watch CBS’s: "Back to the office"? Not so fast…
- Ep #37: How to Build Trust at Work Using ‘15-Minute Ally’ Meetings
- Ep #71: Executive Relationships Part 1: The Fastest Way to Build Trust with the Leadership Team
- Ep #136: The Myth of Mentorship (and Why You Need Allies Instead)
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.