Ep #140: Working with Assholes Part 3: How to Stop Being an Asshole to Yourself
Welcome to Part 3 of Working with Assholes!
In each episode of this series, I deal with a different group of assholes who may be making things hard for you right now and I’ll give you strategies on how to deal with them.
And I am closing out this 3-part series by sharing strategies and inspiration to help you deal with the most pervasive, rudest, jerkiest, most downright difficult asshole to work with:
The truth is, we put up with a lot of crap from ourselves.
And believe me, I am no exception.
I’ve dealt with self-loathing thoughts like:
I’m not ready.
I can’t do this.
I’ll never reach that kind of success.
I just don’t have what it takes.
And while I still deal with asshole behavior from myself on a daily basis, I’ve learned that I have so much more control and power over myself than I ever thought possible, and I want to share these insights with you today.
So ask yourself: What would your career and life look like if you could:
💖 Stop judging yourself?
💖 Truly believe you are capable of doing amazing things?
💖 Set your standards a little bit higher?
💖 And create a clear, exciting vision for your career and life so you can finally get the heck out of your own way?
In this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to show you my magical tips for being less of an asshole to yourself so you can enjoy the peace, confidence, and F-it attitude that awaits you on the other side.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- My personal journey to being less of an asshole to myself
- How to tap into the power you already have so you can stop judging yourself and step into your authentic power
- How being an asshole to yourself makes you lower your expectations and fail ahead of time
- Why not being an asshole to yourself is a life-long process
- How being less of an asshole to yourself will help you make massive progress in your career
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Ep #138: Working with Assholes Part 1: How to Stop Stressing About Jealous Peers
- Ep #139: Working with Assholes Part 2: How to Free Yourself from Your Asshole Boss
- Ep #135: 5 Magical Ingredients for Landing a Promotion This Summer
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join the Summer of Magic by registering for Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.