Ep #138: Working with Assholes Part 1: How to Stop Stressing About Jealous Peers
As a corporate badass, you’ll face a bunch of hurdles as you advance your career.
But the toughest hurdle?
The toughest hurdle is often people.
More to the point:
In order to get promoted and advance to the executive suite, you’re going to have to deal with your fair share of assholes at work.
And thus this 3-part podcast series was born.
In each episode of this series, I deal with a different group of assholes who may be making things hard for you right now and I’ll give you my opinions and insights on how to deal with them.
I’ll be diving into how to deal with asshole bosses who may be actively blocking your next promotion…
…and I’ll be diving into how your own inner limiting beliefs may be sabotaging your career (because sometimes we can be the worst assholes to ourselves, right?).
But in part 1, I am diving into the assholes who consistently make women second-guess themselves and play small:
When you get in control of your career and start actively going for your next promotion, your relationship with some of your peers will start to shift.
That shift can lead to a lot of judgment and jealousy on the part of your peers, and a lot of fear and anxiety on yours.
And this sort of negative attention stops a LOT of ambitious women dead in their tracks.
But not you.
Because in this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I dive into how your fear of what your peers think is holding you back AND how to free yourself so you can really go for the promotion.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Why executive leaders shouldn’t (and can’t) be friends with everyone in their organization
- Why some of your peers may not be excited for your next promotion (and may be actively trying to sabotage you right now)
- Why your fear of what your peers think is stopping you from asking for what you want
- Why so many women are ingrained to feel embarrassed for going for the promotion
- Why you need to focus on the people who do have your back
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Ep #139: Working with Assholes Part 2: How to Free Yourself from Your Asshole Boss
- Ep #140: Working with Assholes Part 3: How to Stop Being an Asshole to Yourself
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join the Summer of Magic by registering for Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.