Ep #135: 5 Magical Ingredients for Landing a Promotion This Summer
I’m brewing something 🌟 magical 🌟 this summer.
I regularly receive emails that go something like:
💌 “Oh my god, Stacy! You’re not going to believe what happened!”
But in the first two weeks of July alone, five different corporate badasses have emailed me to celebrate that they were being promoted to VP positions at their organizations.
Want to know the best part?
Each and every one of them received their promotion while on (or about to start) their summer vacation.
I’ve dubbed this summer:
✨ The Summer of Magic. 🔮
The summer where out-of-the-blue, ‘you-won’t believe-what happened-Stacy’ opportunities come unexpectedly into your life.
So, how can YOU participate in this Summer of Magic?
By stirring a few enchanting ingredients into your caldron.
No, I’m not talking about the eye of a newt or the toe of a frog.
I’m talking about 5 super specific skills that will help you transform your career this summer.
And don’t worry. This list won’t contain any nice-to-do but hard-to-implement strategies like:
❌ Get another certification
❌ Get your MBA
❌ Get experience leading a larger team
It is summer, after all. ☀️🌊🍉🌴⛱️🍦
Nope. The strategies I am about to tell you are so easy to implement that you can get started today.
So in this week’s episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I’m going to share exactly what those five ingredients are so you can set yourself to get promoted this summer (even while you are on vacation).
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How to add some 🌟 magic 🌟 in your professional development
- How adding these five ingredients to your career will make opportunities come (seemingly) out of nowhere
- Why you should always be asking: ‘what’s next?’ in your career (even if you just got promoted)
- Real life examples of how my Executive Ahead of Time students are using these ingredients to get promoted this summer
- How to tell when your next promotion is just around the corner
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Listen to these episodes of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer to learn how to:
- Stop doing what you’re good at (Ep #2: Why You Should Stop Doing What You’re Good At)
- 3x the vision for your career (Ep #112: Things I Suck At Part 2: My Rocky Road To Becoming An Influential Strategic Thinker)
- Stop failing ahead of time (Ep #78: What the Summer Exodus Means for You, Your Team – AND Your Career)
- Schedule 15-Minute Ally Meetings (Ep #71: Executive Relationships Part 1: The Fastest Way to Build Trust with the Leadership Team)
- Always be interviewing (Ep #118: How to Get Multiple Job Offers with My Executive-Level Interview Strategy)
- Download my Ask Better Questions cheat sheet: StacyMayer.com/Questions
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join the Summer of Magic by registering for Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.