Ep #133: My 30-60-90 Day Plan for Killing It In Your New Role
The first 90 days in your new role is the perfect time to put your head down, check all the boxes on your to-do list, and really prove yourself, right?
I call this approach the ‘being-a-good-employee’ mindset.
You’re so grateful to have the job.
You really don’t want to screw it up.
And, I get it. You want your boss and the leadership team to know how amazing you really are.
But remember: corporate badasses don’t settle for being a ‘good employee’.
We show up to our new roles thinking, communicating, and performing like the executive leaders we already are.
And what do executive leaders do?
They nail the expectations for the role…
And they also don’t waste any time building the foundation for their NEXT promotion.
And when you put my plan into action, you will not only set a powerful foundation for your next promotion, but all the other roles to come after.
So in this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I’m laying out each step of my 30-60-90 day plan so you can set yourself up for long-term success.
And even if you haven’t been promoted recently, you’re going to want to listen to this episode because you can start implementing these teachings now.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- Why you need to approach a new role with an assimilation mindset
- Why relationships, communication, and understanding should be your top priorities when starting a new role
- The relationships you need to build in your first 60-days in your role (and how this will set you up for your next promotion)
- The strategies you need to implement by the 90-day mark
- Why your 30-60-90 day plan needs to be separate from what your organization wants you to do
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Read The First 90 Days, Updated and Expanded: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.