Ep #128: The REAL Reason Why You Need to Go for the Promotion
“I don’t even know why I’m trying to get promoted anymore.”
We had about five minutes left in a group coaching call when one of my clients raised her hand and said this.
She had been working with me for almost a year and had been crushing it in her career and…I get it.
This kind of comment, this kind of feeling, is so, so common for the type of corporate badasses I work with.
If you’re getting lots of accolades, landing promotions, securing higher and higher pay raises…you may start to look around and wonder…
What is all this REALLY for?
The truth is, a lot of women stop advancing in their careers once they hit the senior manager level.
And it’s not because they don’t have what it takes to advance to upper levels of leadership.
But it is because they don’t always like what they see.
The women I work with want the title, the income, the influence, and the power, but they don’t want it to hoard for themselves.
They want power with people, not over people.
They want unlimited funds so they can pour their money into people and organizations that matter.
And they want to use their influence to not just get themselves promoted, but to transform how their organization does business from the C-Suite out.
So if you’ve ever wondered ‘what’s this all for?’, then you need to tune into this episode.
In this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I’m diving into why your next promotion really does matter and I’m going to show you all the things you can reject as you make your way to the top.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- What you are rejecting when you say it doesn’t matter if you get promoted
- Why women fall off at the senior management level
- Why it’s good that you don’t only care about the promotion
- The career issues women face when they want power and influence
- How the women inside my programs are rejecting traditional ideas around power and influence
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.