Ep #127: How to Paint a Vision that Makes Your Next Promotion INEVITABLE
There is so much more to getting promoted than the ‘how’.
The how is the nuts and bolts that gets you there.
But your vision?
Your vision gives you the inspiration and commitment you need to reach your big goals and uplift every area of your life in the process.
And when you have clarity on your vision for your career AND you can clearly communicate that vision to the leadership team, your next promotion will become inevitable.
I recently wrapped up one of the best trainings I have done to date, and it was a perfect example of the power of a clear vision.
Originally, I thought of naming my training something like:
How to Use 15-Minute Ally Meetings to Get Promoted.
But this is totally nuts and bolts thinking.
So I took a dose of my own medicine, I thought about what the actual vision was behind the training, and then the title became clear.
My Badass Strategy for Doubling the Number of Women Promoted to the Executive Suite.
My goal isn’t just to give you advice that will help you advance your career.
That’s a given. But the work we are doing on this podcast, inside my book, and in my programs is SO much bigger than that.
Because yes, you are going to get promoted.
But you are ALSO going to become the kind of leader who uplifts everyone around her, who transforms the face of the leadership team, and changes how business is done from the C-Suite out.
And once you tap into that kind of vision, once you get clear on exactly what is really possible for you and the impact you can truly make in the world, you’ll have all the fuel you need to have the career, life, and legacy you want.
So in this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I’m giving you some tips and major inspiration that will help you tap into your vision and values so you can show the executive team that you’re ready to lead at that next level.
Let’s dive in.
Want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy? Then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- How your 3xed vision will help you understand and clearly communicate your goals for your career
- Why you need to talk about your big vision in every professional development conversation
- Why the fastest way to be an ally is to get yourself promoted
- The ripple effect of becoming the Executive Ahead of Time (and how it will propel all areas of your life)
- My own story of how my vision is helping me have a much bigger impact than I ever imagined before
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Go to StacyMayer.com/BadassStrategy to watch the replay of my new training: My Badass Strategy for Doubling the Number of Women Promoted to the Executive Suite
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time (and access my 36-day Executive Reboot!)
- Get your copy of my book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
- Go to StacyMayer.com/Strategies to join my email list and receive my email series, Seven Promotion Strategies that Your Boss Won’t Tell You
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Women Changing Leadership with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.