Ep #108: How to Escape a Toxic Workplace By Focusing on Yourself
Do you work in a toxic environment? ☣️
Chances are if you work with other people, you are going to experience some form of toxicity.
That’s because all human beings have some form of unconscious bias.
Now this is not meant to in any way excuse blatant toxic behavior like racism, sexism, ageism, etc. I am simply pointing out that bias, conscious or unconscious, exists and this leads to toxic work environments, pretty much everywhere we look.
And once you understand that toxic environments happen at work – that it’s the nature of us as inherently flawed human beings to bring our personal biases to the table – then you can transform your experience to create the change you want to see at your organization.
In this episode of Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer, I will show you how to begin dealing with toxic work environments in a way that serves YOU as the leader you want to become and allows you to step into your power instead of continuing to bring. you. down.
If you want to receive the recognition you deserve, step into a higher leadership position, get paid for your ideas instead of the hours you put in at work, and enjoy more time, freedom, energy, and joy, then you need to get your hands on a copy of Promotions Made Easy. Get your copy here.
What You'll Learn:
- The different layers of toxic work environments
- Examples of the kinds of toxic work environments my Executive Ahead of Time students are navigating
- How being like “everyone in the room” can cause you to exclude others (even if you’re an altruistic person)
- Why you need to control how you show up and how you treat yourself in these environments
- How to be the change you want to see at your organization
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Register for the Mint Ambition Summit, Escape a toxic job without burning bridges
- Ep #97: How to Make the Workplace Work for Everyone with Minda Harts
- Ep #37: How to Build Trust at Work Using ‘15-Minute Ally’ Meetings
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join my group coaching intensive, Executive Ahead of Time
- Get your copy of my brand new book, Promotions Made Easy: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Executive Suite
About Your Host
Hi! I'm Stacy Mayer, a Certified Executive Coach and Promotion Strategist on a mission to bring more diversity to the leadership table by getting 1000 underrepresented corporate managers promoted into senior executive positions each year worldwide.
I help undervalued executives scale to the C-Suite using repositioning strategies that build your confidence and visibility, so you can earn the recognition and support you need from key stakeholders while embodying your unique leadership style.
My podcast “Maximize Your Career with Stacy Mayer” tackles topics like executive communication, getting more respect in the workplace from challenging bosses and team members, and avoiding the common mistakes that sabotage career advancement.